Sweden is my fave country in the planet Earth . This postcard is from our swap with Anders ,who was so kind that he sent me huge pile of swedish postcards.Tack ,Anders :)
On this postacard you can see the Swedish Royal Family , since 1818 consists of a number of persons in the Swedish Royal House of Bernadotte, closely related to the King of Sweden. They are entitled to royal titles and style (manner of address), and some perform official engagements and ceremonial duties of state. The extended family of the King consists of other close relatives who are not royal.
Prior to 1818, the Swedish Royal Family was the House of Holstein-Gottorp, a cadet branch of the Oldenburg dynasty which ruled Sweden from 1457 to 1521 (then intermittently) and from 1751 until 1818. That dynasty's last legal pretender to the Swedish throne was Prince Gustav of Wasa (1799-1877) whose only son Louis predeceased him in infancy in 1832.
According to the Swedish Government, the Royal Family includes the following:
- The monarch and his spouse:
- His Majesty King Carl XVI Gustaf (since 15 September 1973), born on 30 April 1946.
- Her Majesty Queen Silvia (since 19 June 1976), born on 23 December 1943.
- The King's children:
- HRH Crown Princess Victoria, Duchess of Västergötland, born on 14 July 1977.
- HRH Prince Carl Philip, Duke of Värmland, born on 13 May 1979.
- HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland, born on 10 June 1982.
- The King's grandchildren:
- HRH Princess Estelle, Duchess of Östergötland, born on 23 February 2012, daughter of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel.
- The King's son-in-law (husband of the Crown Princess):
- HRH Prince Daniel, Duke of Västergötland, born on 15 September 1973.